In todays world of limitations, Pray Funeral Home does everything possible to remove the limits on the services we provide to families we take care of. Why? Because funeral directors are professionals who focus on the needs of the grieving family, and will not trouble them by discussing the difficulties they encounter by providing exceptional service when it is needed most.
You'll never hear prays say:
- The visitation is over. Time for everyone to leave.
The Visitation times are scheduled to provide a basic time frame for the gathering, but families often find that they want to continue visiting with their guests for an hour or more after the visitation is scheduled to end. This is encouraged by the staff and there is no additional charge for the extra time.
- We can't have your service on that day, we already have one scheduled.
- Funeral services are scheduled for the convenience of the family. If it possible, the wishes of the family will be accommodated without additional charge or comment. Even if the funeral home may need to hire additional vehicles or staff for additional services on the same day.
- I'm sorry, but I can't meet with you today because it's a holiday, or because we only work from 9 to 5, or I can't drive out to your house to meet with you.
We meet with families when and where it is convenient for them, whether this means meeting after hours or at whatever location meets the needs of the family. There is no additional charge for this service.
- Because of the number of guests expected, there will be an additional staff charge.
Large funerals require additional staff and equipment to run smoothly, but this charge is not passed on to the family.
- There will be a fee for transporting your flowers to nursing homes around town/to your home after the service/to church for the service.
The funeral home moves flowers from the chapel, to church, to the graveside, to the family home, and to nursing homes and hospice at the request and for the convenience of the family without additional charge.
- There will be an additional charge for transporting your loved one from the place of death because: Their size requires additional staff and equipment/It's Christmas morning/We will have to make additional trips because the family decided that they needed more time.
Death takes place at any time, and the transport of the deceased can be complicated by many factors including time and location. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and promise to be patient, compassionate, helpful and discreet. The long hours we work are never a topic of our conversation with a family. The director may have been up all night working, may have another arrangement to make soon, or may spend extra hours past a scheduled service or visitation, but when meeting with you, their focus is on your needs, not theirs.